Command & Control
Reflex's award-winning Virtualization Management Center (VMC) enables cloud computing with a new level of scalability, growth and flexibility for enterprises in the way they manage and use shared resources in cloud computing environments. Reflex VMC combines complete virtual infrastructure management with VMsafe-compatible security and compliance to create a comprehensive management and control methodology for virtual machines that operate in a cloud environment. This means that enterprises can dynamically manage critical policies both within their own data center environment and seamlessly extend those policies into cloud computing environments. Consequently, the adoption of virtual machines in enterprise environments as well as in public and private clouds are accelerated and managed in a more holistic fashion with Reflex VMC.
- Manage and Enforce Policy that Extends into the Cloud Reflex's solution provides seamless management and granular policy enforcement of critical business, IT infrastructure and security policies that are generated dynamically on the fly regardless of the locations or network connections of the virtual assets.
- Reduce Costs By managing virtualization and cloud environments from a holistic approach, Reflex helps companies reduce costs by leveraging cloud computing for better utilization of applications and shared resources, thus reducing the physical hardware dependencies needed to manage and protect the virtual environment. Through policy and automation, VMC also allows fewer people to manage more applications and infrastructure efficiently within the virtual data center.
- Reduce Complexity Reflex allows companies to effectively utilize and manage shared resources whether located in the local data center or hosted in a private/public cloud environment. Reflex VMC helps reduce complexity by integrating security, compliance, audit and management of the virtual environment and providing visibility, correlation, control and automation through a single pane of glass. By enabling the use of flat networks and the integration of trust zones without the need for complicated VLANs, administrators reduce the complexity and increase efficiency in their cloud environment.
- Increase Scalability By leveraging cloud computing to replace outdated, unscalable technology that was designed for physical data centers, enterprises can grow and scale the virtual infrastructure. The use of virtualization technology in a cloud environment, enables rapid growth, flexibility and agility. Using the VMC , administrators can scale management capability by a factor of three and also provide simple and effective security and compliance to the cloud environment being managed.
Manage multiple Virtual Centers in the data center and the cloud from a single point of view
Reflex VMC Cloud API
Cloud service providers have the need to provide security, governance, risk-management and compliance in their cloud environment. The ability to perform these tasks without the dependencies on physical hardware is the key for economical, effective, scalable, and secure cloud environment. Reflex provides an Application Program Interface (API) that enables service providers and large enterprises to provision and manage security and compliance per tenant in a cloud environment without the dependency on expensive external hardware.
- Effective security with API integration
- Data segregation - Trust Zones
- Effective cloud provider management
Together, Reflex's and VMC with vTrust and the cloud API provide infrastructure level security service within the cloud plumbing. This means that if you are running an Enterprise VMware cloud the Reflex vTrust technology could connect your internal private cloud to an external VMware based cloud and secure your virtual machines the same way no matter where they were running. In fact, you could run some portions of an application in an external cloud and other parts of the application internally based on a single application security policy. The cloud becomes absolutely seamless and security, governance, risk-management and compliance activity becomes fully transparent. Once you have more flexibility in deciding where your IT assets are running, your IT organization as well as your business can operate with more agility. You have the options to:
- Move an existing application to the cloud
- Burst the number of virtual machines dedicated to an application into the cloud
- Adjust application resources seasonally
- Make applications more accessible to worldwide teams
- Deploy portions of an application to a cloud
Cloud & enterprise plumbing connect to move machines and keep security settings