Reflex provides an overall contextual view of the virtualized data center to monitor, analyze and correlate infrastructure configuration changes, network services, software asset and inventory to improve performance impact within the virtual environment. vWatch provides virtualization administrators with both a microscope and a telescope— they can quickly drill down to the virtual packet layer, zoom out to the network layer or view the entire virtual infrastructure and all of its objects (virtual machines, hosts, clusters, network interfaces, etc.); all in a matter of seconds.
Reflex's vWatch monitoring and analysis module provides a comprehensive overview of the state of your virtual environment at any given time. Through extensive real-time and historical visual reporting, configuration change monitoring, and extensive correlation; vWatch gives administrators the tools they need to efficiently meet stringent compliance and audit requirements and provide in depth analysis of overall performance and availability within the virtualized data centers.
vWatch Monitoring enables enterprises to:
- Achieve simplified management of the complex, dynamic virtual infrastructure by providing contextual visibility into the virtual environment through a single pane of glass.
- Increase business efficiency and business continuity in the datacenter by monitoring performance to improve the service level for critical applications, perform effective capacity planning and optimize virtual infrastructure.
- Ensure compliance and audit requirements with extensive tracking, alerting and reporting.
- Troubleshoot problems in minutes instead of hours with real-time insight into WHAT is going on in the virtual environment and WHY something happened so administrators can quickly remediate.
vWatch Monitoring Features
- Virtual Infrastructure Performance Analysis — Detect bottlenecks inside the virtual infrastructure, identify over-utilized VMs, performance issues of critical applications, and outages allowing administrators to improve the service level for applications and quickly troubleshoot issues.
- Change Control Monitoring — Track all virtual infrastructure changes in real-time as well as historically to identify unauthorized configuration changes, configuration errors and to enforce policies to quickly identify discrepancies, remediate, and reduce down time.
- Compliance & Audit Requirements — Maintain compliance and audit regulations by achieving more granular visibility, control, monitoring and analysis of all changes that occur in the virtual environment to ensure audit and compliance professionals that IT departments are managing the virtual enterprise based on existing organizational business processes and working toward achieving compliance and audit regulations.
- Software Asset/Inventory Tracking — Track and monitor installed software applications, without using an agent or network scan, to provide vital information about the software installed on VMs including version, install date, patch level, etc. to ensure up-to-date configurations and applications.
- Troubleshooting — Gain granular, timeline-based insight into who is doing what, when and where within the virtual infrastructure. vWatch allows administrators to quickly find virtual machines, hosts, switches, networks and software installed on the virtual machines to identify an issue and solve it in minutes instead of hours and restore performance of affected applications.